Whether you’re currently following Dr. Fuhrman’s 6 week plan, or interested in trying it out–you’ll find great (and easy-to-make) breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes and ideas here!
My goal is to fill this blog with 60 days of nutritarian meal plans because I want to make getting healthy and achieving health excellence as easy as possible for all of us!
Now you have an easy answer for that ever-annoying question: What are we going to have for dinner?
Welcome to Day 46 with lots of beautiful, healthy and fresh foods for you to feast your eyes on (and hopefully nosh on, in the very near future)!
EAT TO LIVE BREAKFAST:
- 1 cup almond milk
- Apple Nachos: This is a NEW RECIPE and you’re going to love it! You’ll need 1/2 large apple (I used Fiji) chopped, 1 tbsp. raw almond butter, 2 tbsp. almond unsweetened milk, and your choice of toppings (I used pomegranate seeds, 1 tbsp. raisins, a sprinkle of chia seeds and 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts). Mix the raw almond butter and almond milk with a fork, until a smooth, sauce-like consistency. Drizzle over apples and top with your favorites! This was so surprisingly filling–it kept me going till the late afternoon!
EAT TO LIVE LUNCH:
- large mixed baby greens salad with sliced cucumber, chopped red cabbage, 1/2 yellow plum (chopped), a sprinkle of raw almond slices and dressed with balsamic vinegar.
- I cup brown rice topped with white beans and chopped spinach: Add 1 cup low-sodium veggie broth to a saucepan, add 1 cup white beans (drained and rinsed well, I used canned), cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, add 11 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach and cook for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg and serve with a dash of Cayenne pepper.
EAT TO LIVE DINNER:
- leftover Dr. Fuhrman’s Broccoli & Red Lentil sauce
- 1 cup pineapple & watermelon for dessert
NOTES ON DAY 46:
This menu almost perfectly meets Dr. Fuhrman’s Aggressive Weight Loss Plan.
To tighten it up just a bit, especially if you’re looking to lose weight (if your BMI is over 23), simply skip some of the nuts. Omit either the sprinkling of raw walnuts on the apple nachos or forgo the sliced almonds on your lunch salad.
If you’re already at your ideal weight (BMI under 23) this menu will be great for you as is!