So, you’ve found out about Dr. Fuhrman’s nutritarian diet. You’re intrigued.
Maybe you’re concerned about a recently diagnosed health problem or maybe you’re just looking to shed some pounds.
Whatever the reason, you’re here! And that’s a very, very good thing!
I’m going to take all the guesswork out of becoming nutritarian for you! You’re not going to struggle through the 6 week plan like I did.
You’ve literally hit the mother-load: an archive of over 50 daily menus to get you from where you are now to where you want to be!
Here’s what you get:
- a full day of what to eat (that’s breakfast, lunch and dinner) on Dr. Fuhrman’s plan
- a FREE PRINTABLE shopping list, get it right here (right now!): Eat to Live Day 53 Shopping List
- links to all the recipes you need to make it happen!
You asked and I listened–free printable shopping lists are now available and they begin on Day 48!
Are you a start-things-from-the-very-beginning type? Well, then head over to Day 1 and work your way back.
It really doesn’t matter which day you choose, just as long as you pick a menu that looks yummy to you and START!
And while these individual days are a great jumping off point, your absolute best chance at sticking to a nutritarian lifestyle is by weekly food prep and batch cooking, so be sure to hit up that post next!
Eat to Live Breakfast:
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw, creamy almond butter mixed with 2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (excellent source of calcium–aim for 1 cup a day!)
Eat to Live Lunch:
- mixed greens salad with sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, sliced cucumbers, diced red onion, un-sulfered sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 tbsp. raw hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp. Dr. Fuhrman’s Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cup No Oil Split Pea & Sweet Potato Soup
Eat to Live Dinner:
- No-Oil Tofu & Bok Choy Stir Fry: add 1/2 cup low-sodium veggie broth to a saute pan. Cube 1-14 oz package of firm tofu and cook in broth over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Add more broth as needed. Add 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1 tsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos. Reduce heat to medium and add 5-6 heads of baby boy choy. Cook until just wilted.
- mixed baby greens salad, topped with chopped red cabbage, red pepper, grape tomatoes, chopped snow peas and 1/2 tbsp. raw hemp seeds (I dressed this salad with rice vinegar)
- 4 mandarin oranges
Notes on Day 53:
This menu is perfect when you are following Dr. Fuhrman’s Aggressive Weight Loss plan!
It has less than 1 cup of whole grains for the day (about 1/4 cup of sweet potato in the soup). So feel free to add a 1/2 whole grain pita to lunch or dinner.
It has no added oils and stays within your quotas for sodium and nut and seed intake.
With a big serving of cruciferous green veggies at dinner, this menu is strong! I would personally add some mushrooms tot he tofu “stir fry” just so you’re hitting those G-BOMBS.
I give this menu an enthusiastic “A”!
Okay, you’ve got your shopping list, you’ve got your recipes, you’ve GOT THIS!
I hope you love Day #53 on the nutritarian plan!
If you’re curious about how I lost over 21 pounds on the six week plan (what I ate and how I felt, side-effects and funny findings) be sure to check out my 6 week journal here!
What do you think of these daily menus? Are they helpful for you? What could I do to make them even better? Please leave a comment, I love feedback!
Let’s live better together! xo, Kristen
Sign up for Hello Nutritarian’s email updates and get The 7 Day Salad Cleanse ebook sent to you right away! I share how adding more salad to your existing diet will help you get healthier and lose weight–you pick your pace and follow 4 easy rules!
Like Hello Nutritarian on Facebook and join a community of people who want to regain their health with nutritional excellence–there are great giveaways too!