Do you have a little Frozen-obsessed ice princess at home? Frozen fever has no sign of slowing down, especially with confirmation that Frozen 2 will be hitting theaters sometime in 2018!
Here’s the perfect easy-to-make Frozen craft (that would make a magical handmade Christmas gift for your little Frozenista)! Download the free template below and I’ll show you how to whip this up in no time at all!
Elsa’s Frozen Ice Castle Hair Clip Tutorial by Kristen Hong
- blue felt
- glitter fabric in pale blue, frosty blue & snow. **NOTE: This fabric is hard to find, I used & recommend Etsy shop PollyChromeCrafts. You can also use normal felt and add glitter with Elmer’s glue. I will give instructions on this option in the directions below!
- Elsa’s Ice Castle Hair Clip Template by Kristen Hong
- fabric glue (I use & highly recommend Loctite 212220 2-Ounce Tube Stik ‘n Seal Indoor Adhesive)
- fabric shears (I use & highly recommend Gingher 8-Inch Knife Edge Dressmaker’s Shears)
- permanent marker
- alligator hair clip & 6 inches of 3/4ths inch ribbon to cover
- OPTIONAL: 1 iridescent white snowflake sequin (I used Darice Snowflake Sequins, 1-Inch, White Iridescent, 30-Pack, you can usually find these at Michael’s around the holidays!)
- Cut your snowflake sequin as shown above–this will become your castle spire!
- Print out the Ice Castle Template above and cut out pieces with regular scissors. Trace each castle template piece on the corresponding color felt and/or glitter fabric using your permanent marker. If you are hand-glittering your felt, do that step now. **Hand Glittering Felt Option: You will need a paintbrush & regular Elmer’s glue. Take your cut piece of felt and paint on a thin layer of Elmer’s glue. Sprinkle liberally with fine glitter in corresponding color. Allow the piece to dry over night or at least 6 hours before continuing to step 3!
- First, glue the castle front to the castle back. Then glue the door to the door frame. Finally, glue the door embellishment chevron above the door frame and add the castle sides as shown above.
- Use this tutorial to cover your alligator hair clip with ribbon. Glue the covered alligator clip to the back of the castle. Allow the castle to fully dry (I recommend overnight) before wearing.
Note: If you chose not to use the glitter fabric then you will need to cut out another “castle back” piece out of felt and glue it behind the front piece. This will make the castle structure stronger!
This Frozen hair clip is the perfect accessory for dress-up (I think every household in America with a daughter under age 10 has an Elsa costume lying around somewhere)!
It is also perfect to wear on your next family trip to Disneyland! Elsa and Anna make an appearance at the “Paint the Night Parade” (the new electric light parade to celebrate the Disneyland diamond celebration)!
Click the image below to check out the accompanying Arandelle Castle hair clip tutorial:
This is so cute!
Thanks so much, Evelyn 🙂
The PDF for the ice castle hairbow isn’t working. Any way to still get a copy of it?
Thanks so much for letting me know! I’ve just re-uploaded the file for you!