When is your family’s next Disney trip? Are you as obsessive as I am about having cute, whimsical outfits for your kiddos to wear at the most magical place on earth?
It is mommarazzi madness the minute we step through those Disney park gates!
Well, you’re going to love this super-simple felt castle hair clip tutorial and FREE printable template! Inspired by Frozen’s Arandelle Castle, and super easy to make, your little princess will be rocking it out on her next Disney adventure!
I originally designed this clip as part of this really awesome Frozen Hair Clip Advent Calendar! After it was finished, I couldn’t help but envision Kamryn wearing it to our upcoming family Disneyland trip in December.
Yes, we are forgoing Christmas presents to the kids this year in lieu of three days at the parks during Christmas vacation–not to mention the 60th Anniversary Diamond celebration! I think the kids made the right choice: Disneyland or Christmas presents? It’s a no-brainer!
Felt Castle Hair Clip Tutorial by Kristen Hong of My Momma Told Me
- felt in hot pink, and light pink
- glitter fabric (this fabric is hard to find, I recommend Etsy shop PollyChromeCrafts) in pale pink, sugar pink, peacock and royal blue. **Note: you can also use normal felt and apply a thin layer of Elmer’s glue and sprinkle with fine grade glitter! Just make sure you cut your template pieces out first before hand-glittering them.
- Felt Castle Hair Clip Template by MyMommaToldMe.com
- fabric glue (I use & highly recommend Loctite 212220 2-Ounce Tube Stik ‘n Seal Indoor Adhesive)
- fabric shears (I use & highly recommend Gingher 8-Inch Knife Edge Dressmaker’s Shears)
- permanent marker
- ribbon-covered alligator clip (use this tutorial)
- Print out free castle template (see “materials needed” above) and cut out pieces with regular scissors (never use fabric scissors to cut paper–makes them super-dull!). Trace your template pieces onto corresponding colored felt and/or glitter fabric with your permanent marker. Cut out pieces with sharp fabric shears. Line your alligator clip with ribbon of your choice (use this tutorial if you need help).
- Use your fabric glue to adhere the castle door to the front wall and the pink window to the peacock-colored rooftop.
- Glue the tower piece and peacock rooftop (with pink window) onto the castle piece. Add an extra dollop of glue under the tower piece and glue the front wall onto the castle.
- Follow with the remaining rooftops, windows and pennant flags.
- Reinforce the back of your castle by tracing and cutting out the “castle back” piece (if you haven’t already).
- Glue the castle back in place.
- Glue the ribbon-covered alligator clip in place. Allow the castle to fully dry (I recommend overnight) before wearing.
I hope your little one loves this Arandelle-inspired felt castle hair clip! I’ll be sure to update this post when we get back from our Disneyland vacay! I’m hoping for a pic of Kamryn in front of Sleeping Beauty’s castle with her felt castle clip on!
Check out this amazing Frozen Hair Clip Advent Calendar! Just click the image below:
Check out our super-popular diy Frozen Christmas Tree, click below:
We have just launched our MMTM Facebook page! “Like” us to stay up-to-date on new blog posts, community & giveaways to come!