Here’s an Eat to Live-friendly recipe that uses some pre-made veggie patties–because sometimes you just need a little convenience to go along with your gigantic Eat to Live salad!
I’d like to reiterate that Dr. Fuhrman does not advocate eating processed foods. He says they should be kept to a minimum of 10% of our calories (where he places other “junk” foods like sugars, meats, and dairy). I just want to make sure that if you are following the Eat to Live 6 week plan–this recipe should not be part of your diet–these are best reserved for the maintenance plan where you can have that 10% of undesirable calories. With that being said, I love these patties and being a busy mom of two, I sometimes need that convenience! By far Dr. Prager’s California Veggie Burgers are the least processed of the two, but at least Morning Star as moved to non-GMO soy–which is a step it the right direction!
FALAFEL WRAP RECIPE (makes 2 wraps) by Kristen of MyMommaToldMe.com
- 2 Trader Joes flaxseed tortillas
- 4 tbsp. hummus
- 2 Dr. Prager’s California Veggie Burger
- 2 Morning Star Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Veggie Burger
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat both veggie patties in your toaster oven, regular oven or microwave (follow heating directions on respective packages). Set aside.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds. Spread with 2 tbsp. hummus on each tortilla.
- Cut your veggie burgers into halves. Line two halves of the Dr. Prager’s burgers across the tortilla. Stack with the two halves of the Morning Star burgers.
- Drizzle each with 1 tspb. tahini. Wash and cut produce and sprinkle on top of burgers. Roll wrap tightly.
I hope you enjoy (with a super-gigantic Eat to Live salad, of course)!