On the advice of my playgroup, we recently got a Chefmate toaster oven from Costco. We’ve used it so much already and it is going to be perfect for the hot Summer months to come! Instead of heating up the big oven for Kysen’s 6 chicken nuggets, we can just pop them in the toaster oven instead. It takes much less time to heat up and keeps the kitchen nice and cool!
I’ve been experimenting with new recipes that can be made in the toaster oven and here is my latest offering! French toast that you can make in the toaster oven instead of on the griddle! With all the strange chemical coatings to be found in non-stick cookware, I thought it best to try this family favorite with a new cooking method–it worked out beautifully!
TOASTER OVEN FRENCH TOAST:
- your favorite brand sliced bread (I used Milton’s Multi-Grain from Trader Joes)
- 2 eggs per 2 slices of bread (adjust to the amount you want to prepare)
- 1/2 cup milk (almond milk tastes yummy!)
- 2 tsp. sugar (per 2 slices bread)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon per 2 slices of bread (optional, I didn’t use it)
- Whisk together eggs, milk and sugar and place in shallow dish for soaking.
- Soak your bread slices for at least 5 minutes on each side.
- Place your soaked bread slices on a foil-lined baking pan sized for your toaster oven.
- Set your toaster oven on “Convection” mode at 350 degrees temperature. Cook your slices for 7 minutes on each side.
- To get the perfect finish: set your toaster oven to “Toast” mode, on level 4 and toast each side of your toast.
- Add butter and berry sauce, serve with 100% pure maple syrup, enjoy!
Make a super-simple strawberry sauce by defrosting frozen strawberries in the microwave. Add a teaspoon of sugar if the berries are too tart and pour over your crispy french toast!