It gets no easier than dunking marshmallows in melted chocolate! Unlike cake pops, there is no baking necessary, so you get to skip right over to the best part: decorating! With just a few simple to find supplies you can whip up these fun pumpkin pops for your child’s Halloween party! My advice: if you want your younger-than-7-year-old to help, make sure to dip and dry the pumpkin first, then let them decorate as desired with royal icing instead of the trickier candy melts!
JACK O’ LANTERN MARSHMALLOW POPS:
- lollipop sticks
- green and orange Wilton’s candy melts (or tint your own white chocolate)
- large cylindrical marshmallows
- disposable decorating bags
- Prep your pops: Make sure you have a drying rack ready to go, pierce a cardboard box with a knife or use Styrofoam. Put your marshmallows on the lollipop sticks about 3/4th of the way down for the most control when dipping.
- Microwave your orange candy melts, checking consistency with a fork and re heat incrementally until heated enough to drizzle easily with your fork. Dip the marshmallows in the melts and turn until entirely covered; let dry completely before decorating.
- After the orange candy has completely hardened; microwave and prep your green candy melts until reaching your desired consistency. Snip the end of your decorator bag (or use a small round decorating tip) and fill with the melted green mixture. Pipe on the Jack o’ Lantern faces and allow to dry overnight; store and eat within 5 days of making.