This is a go-to dish when you need something hearty when on the Eat to Live plan. Filled with fiber, protein and phytochemicals, this dish is nutritious and delicious.
KALE, GARBANZO & TOFU STIR FRY by Kristen from MyMommaToldMe.com
- 1 pack Trader Joe’s firm tofu, cubed
- 1 can TJ’s garbanzo beans
- 2 1/2 cups baby kale
- finely chopped crimini mushrooms
- vegetable stock
- dried minced onions
- garlic powder
- Saute the tofu cubes in about 1 1/2 cups of veggie stock, on high heat for about 12 minutes. Season with dried minced onion, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add finely chopped mushrooms and garbanzo beans (well-drained) and add about 1/2 cup more veggie stock. Continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the baby kale and reduce heat to low. Mix together well and remove from heat once kale leaves are just wilting.
On Day 25, I made this delicious kale, garbanzo, tofu and avocado wrap with this recipe! The hummus and the Trader Joe’s flaxseed wrap changes this stir fry into a real lunch dish!