Make a simple statement with these raw wood bells iced with gold and silver glitters and hung with twine!
The natural Christmas trend is going strong so I had to share these DIY ornaments I made when my youngest was a two-year-old and our collection of glass (breakable) ornaments were out of the question!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- bell-shaped unfinished wood ornaments (I found them at Michael’s)
- silver & gold glitter
- large pearl bead
- Elmer’s glue
- hot glue gun & glue
- thin paintbrush
- twine or ribbon for hanging
- With your thin paintbrush paint on one stripe of craft glue and sprinkle with glitter of your choice. Paint on another stripe of glue and sprinkle with another glitter. Heat your glue gun and apply to bottom of the bell.
- Attach pearl bead to the hot glue making sure the bead’s hole is facing down (so you can’t see it from the front of the bell).
- Allow the bell to dry on its side for at least 30 minutes.
- Hang with ribbon or twine!
You can find so many cute unfinished wooden ornaments at Michael’s right now and this is such an easy way to jazz them up and make them merry for Christmas!
Click below for more natural un-finished wooden ornament tutorials:
Check out one of my most popular Pinterest boards with tons of ideas for natural and rustic Christmas decor: